THE LINDLEY SOCIETY „SOCIETAS LINDLEIANA”
The Lindley Society ”Societas Lindleiana” was called into being in 2010 to fulfill the following goals:
1. To protect and preserve historical heritage of
William Lindley, William Heerlein
Lindley, Robert Searles Lindley and Joseph Lindley, the English civil engineers
working in Poland, that is, existing technical infrastructure, drawings, maps,
photographs and publications etc.
2. To promote all actions undertaken by other institutions to put existing in Poland fragments of technical infrastructure, designed and executed in Poland under supervision and direction mentioned above English civil engineers on the list on national heritage and in future on the Wold Heritage list of UNESCO
3. To make public opinion acquainted with the lives and activities of the Lindley family in the field of industrial innovations and their socio-cultural input into Polish industrial history.
The Society realizes its goals by:
1. Organizing, initiating and supporting popular, cultural and educational undertakings
2. Cooperation with Polish and international organizations, institutions and circles acting in the field of the Society goals
3. Searching, collecting and describing sources, archive, information and documentary materials
4. Taking part in conferences, academic seminars, lectures, exhibitions and events related to the goals of the Society.
The Society has the following categories of membership:
1.Regular membership is available to adults of all nationalities, which will declare his/her willingness to take part in statutory and organizational activities of the Society and sends in membership application.
(…) The honorary membership is offered to all members of the Lindley family and their descendants, if they wish so.
More details on the statutory goals and structure of the Society see: the Statut.
Ryszard Żelichowski – Chair
Paweł Weszpiński – Secretary
Teresa Frączczak.- Treasurer
Hanna Krajewska – Member
Ewa Grzymała – Member
Tomasz Kościuszko - Member
Our postal adress:
Our bank account: